Location: The office of the Dean of Arts and later Bonami (Monida's Canteen), Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
Time: 1 pm - 2 pm
Attended: Monidipa Mondal, Rohit K. Dasgupta, Anomitra Biswas.
We have our meetings at the unlikeliest places, though Monida's Canteen over a plate of dubious chicken fried rice I think is favourite.
This was a good-news meeting. Things announced at this meeting are:
- We have got permission to use the Seagull Bookstore for our magazine launch on July 1.
- We are having a panel discussion at the launch. The discussion topic is 'Representing the Global South Asian.'
- We have also got confirmations from two panelists to speak at the discussion: Samantak Das and Kavita Panjabi, both professors of the Comparative Literature department of Jadavpur University.
Things we discussed at this meeting are:
- contents of the July edition, this being the day of the deadline,
- submissions we have received so far for the August edition,
- the launch programme in further details - exact time, calculation of costs, where to get laptop, internet, projector, screen, furniture etc. from,
- who to invite as the other speaker(s) for the panel discussion.